Hope everybody is enjoying this rocky start to the new school year.
We are happy to announce that Fall AMS meetings will start next week Thursday and Friday (September 6th and 7th) from 4:30 to 7pm in Kuykendall Hall Room 210.
- Thursdays = structured showings. We will vote on 3-4 anime to watch for the rest of the semester during Thursday’s first meeting. You can find the nomination poll for Thursday’s showings on our Facebook group -> HERE
- Fridays = more loosely structured. “Fresh Fridays”/”Themed Fridays” There will be games/quizzes in between showings on Fridays. We also have various events/potlucks/parties on Fridays such as our Welcome Back Potluck and Holiday Party!
We look forward to seeing everyone next week!
If you have any question, feel free to shoot us an email.
Join our chat on Discord: https://discord.gg/QTzz2ua
We won’t have meetings during the review days this week– stay tuned for more info about Summer Meetings. Good luck on exams!
In the past year, the Anime Manga Society has been working with Meta Human Entertainment to help them put together an anime/geek culture convention at UH. Called Anime Ohana Festival (AO Fest), it will be held on June 23rd at the UH Manoa Campus Center. They will feature a host of local guests, and are also currently in the process of seeking Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty, Adventure Time) and others from abroad.
If you could get anyone to come to AO Fest (or any anime convention), who would YOU want to see? We’ve got a fun little poll up that you can participate in– list anyone you want, and you might get your wish granted!
Hey all! We hope you had a relaxing Spring Break. We will be back this week with the second and third OVAs of Girls and Panzer, 14-15 of The Ancient Magus’ Bride, and 9-10 of Death March.
- We’re holding our Officer Nomination Poll to pick AMS officers for Fall 2018 – Spring 2019! If you feel that you or someone else you know in club would be an exceptional officer, you can fill out the nomination form here! Officers who help to run the Anime Manga Society will get free paid membership perks during the time they serve.
- Our End of the Year Potluck Party is set for Friday, April 27th! You can view the event page here to RSVP.
- If you attended our Girl’s Day/Hinamatsuri Party on March 16th and have any comments or suggestions, write something in our feedback form to tell us what you think.
This Friday, we will be having our annual Girl’s Day (Hinamatsuri) party! So instead of our usual Fresh Friday showings, things will be a little different – girls get to control the showings, and guys bring food! We will also be having some fun activities, so feel free to bring friends along as well!
If you have any questions, go and ask your Female VP and Representative, Beverly Quock (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The event will be from 4:30p to 10:00p in our usual room, Kuykendall 210. We hope you see you there!
If you’re coming to KawaiiKon 2018, we’ll have our Artists@AMS booth in the Artists Alley! This year, we showcase the art of Justine Lam (@theidlewaifu), Beverly Quock (@thesilentseagoat), Nalu McFadden-Rios (@808Cyber), and Ashley Mattick. Feel free to stop by Table D6 to check out our talented artists!
FYI all: we are collecting KawaiiKon 2018 3-day pass reservations from those who are interested, as a perk of AMS paid membership. This year, passes will be $50 each if you register with us– if you are a paid member and would like to take advantage of this offer, please see us in club by next week Friday, February 9th with your pass payment to get on the list. (If you will also be paying membership, please take that into account as well.)
Click here to reserve a KawaiiKon 3-Day Pass
Also, artist members, if you are planning on showcasing your art at our KawaiiKon booth, please run all of the artwork you’re planning to present (or at least concepts of what you have) by us by Feb 24/25th, the weekend before. Essentially, whatever you bring should follow KawaiiKon’s artist alley General Rules.
If you are a member and would like to display your artwork at our booth, fill out this form.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Your Thursday showings have been chosen: we will be showing The Ancient Magus’ Bride, Girls & Panzer, and Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody on Thursdays!
Join us on Thursdays and Fridays from 4:30p-7:00p in Kuykendall 210! Click here to see our meeting and events schedule.
We also had a four-way tie between Juuni Taisen, Violet Evergarden, Black Clover, and Kino’s Journey (2017)– so, you might see any of those on Fresh Fridays, or even as a fourth showing if we have the time.