We have our post Valentine’s Day party this Friday from 4:30 to 10:00pm on the second floor of Kuykendall!
As it is a potluck, please bring food or drinks to KUY 208 to share so everyone’s stomachs will be satisfied. Please also bring food that is substantial so we won’t live off saturated fats and chips, thank you (^^). Or, you can help contribute to the chicken nuggies campaign (PM @elder eli on Discord for more information).
We will also have games and karaoke in the other rooms, so come game and sing your hearts out! Come have fun with us, we’ll see you there!
We’re going to be doing things a little differently this Friday— since the Manoa Academy of Gamers (MAG) will have their first meeting that day (which goes on for longer, from 3:00p-9:00p!), there are people who are a part of both AMS and MAG, and there are some may want to attend the Punahou Carnival, we’ve decided to meet at MAG’s event instead. Idea is still the same– bring ‘yo setups– we’ll see you in the UH Manoa iLab on Friday!
You can learn more about the UH Manoa iLab here.
The UH Manoa iLab is the small structure between Kuykendall and the Art Building, next to the Art Building’s parking lot. Also note that since this event is under MAG, any use of facilities and equipment in the iLab is to be determined by them.
Future Friday meetings are still planned to be held in Kuykendall 209.
Our meetings start up again this week! We’ll be in Kuykendall 208 for Anime Thursdays and Kuykendall 209 for Game Day Fridays from 4:30-7:00 pm. Remember that if you want to pick what we’ll watch this semester, check out this nomination form, and come to club on Thursday to vote for showings!
Hope to see all of you!
This week we will be our last set of meetings for 2018, but we have some events which you might be interested in:
1. Today, in KUY 210 from 4:30p-7:00p we’re watching our weekly showings: the 11th episodes of Wotakoi, Cells at Work!, Recovery of an MMO Junkie, and Violet Evergarden, and the 21st and 22nd episodes of Darling in the Franxx.
2. Tomorrow, we’ll have our end-of-the-year party! Relax and unwind before exams. We’ve got the second floor rooms in Kuykendall (right across from the iLab) with setup beginning at 4:30, going until 10pm– come by to our thing right after the MAG game night!
[ KUY 210 ] – Potluck and showings (we can finish up our Thursday showings, or watch a movie, etc)
$20-or-less secret santa (safe for work please)
[ KUY 209 ] – Open Game Room
[ KUY 208 ] – Karaoke with Vocaluxe
Like other game days, I’m bringing my laptop setup to our party. You are also very much welcome to bring over your own console/PC setups to our event, though note that you may want to bring your own multi-outlets to the event if you can.
3. We also have a Karaoke social on Saturday, which is kind of full— I’m not sure how much more we can fit, but feel free to let us know on our discord or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested in future Karaoke stuff!
We have our Halloween Party and Potluck this Friday from 4:30 to 10:00pm on the second floor of Kuykendall!
As it is a potluck, please bring food to share so everyone’s stomachs will be satisfied. Main dishes are always appreciated! And pizza is always welcome (pineapple pizza ) Events are spread out on the second floor.
- Costume Contest!
- Group Jeopardy (only if I have time to make it)
We have 3 rooms for this event~☆:
209: Main Events
- Food here!
- Movie Showings (Mary and the Witch’s Flower + Mob Psycho 100 Live Action + Bleach Live Action; time permitting)
- Pumpkin painting and decorating (no carving. Too messy. Sowies.)
207: Karaoke Room, or <mystery event>
210: Video Game Room
- RockBand 4 on PS4 projected on the big screen. We have a drum set, two guitars, and two mics available.)
- Nintendo Switch projected onto the wall (MarioKart, Mario Party, and Bomberman)
- PC Gaming Corner (Me and Barryn also will set up our gaming laptops for whoever wishes to play games.)
We’ll see you there!
NEET Honolulu is upon us! We will not have a Friday meeting tomorrow, but we will have tables (yes, TABLES) in the dealer’s room! Come and check out the work of our artists, and learn more about our club. We hope to see you there!
Neet Honolulu is held at the Japanese Cultural Center, which is located on 2454 S Beretania St, Honolulu, HI 96826, close to UH Manoa.
Last week, you chose the weekly showing format, and voted from the pool of nominations. From this, you picked our showings for this semester– each week, we will watch the following:
Shows don’t necessarily need to be in this order: if you want a show aired earlier or later in the meeting, let us know and we’ll check if people in club are okay with that.
Remember that if you can’t make it to the meeting but still have free time, you can join us on Rabb.it/Discord.
Meeting times will be from 4:00p-7:00p in Kuykendall Hall 210. Check our calendar for a more detailed look at our meetings and events.
Our first meetings for this semester are upon us! Join us in Kuykendall 210 on Thursday and Friday.
Here’s an overview:
- At Thursday Meetings we will air full or almost full series that everyone picks to watch. NOTE that there are two rounds of voting, one in the Facebook poll (going on now) and one this Thursday by the people present in club which is pooled from that Facebook poll.
If you want to nominate stuff for the voting pool on Thursday, be sure to add your stuff here! We will close it up on Wednesday 9/5, midnight.
- Friday Meetings are open days. At the very least, we’ll watch stuff, but we plan to do additional events alongside the showings such as tabletop and video gaming (PC and Console!) and the like.
For any showings on Friday– people pick a show to watch three episodes of on that day in club. Once a show is picked, the club must watch three episodes of it, and it cannot be watched again for the rest of the semester. Same rules apply except the “no reruns” and “no shows with more than 26 episodes” rules. Have something you want people to get into? Show it to our club!
We are planning on supplementing our meetings and showings with an online service called Rabb.it. If you’re unable to make it to the meeting, you can tune in from anywhere, and you can also join in on the online chat room!
Click here for more information on joining our meetings on Rabb.it
We will have an officer’s meeting this Friday, August 31st at the UH Manoa Campus Center dining room, from 6:00pm.
Attendance isn’t mandatory for non-officers, but if you are interested in helping the club out or are interested in becoming an officer then you are welcome to attend.
In the past year, the Anime Manga Society has been working with Meta Human Entertainment to help them put together an anime/geek culture convention at UH. Called Anime Ohana Festival (AO Fest), it will be held on June 23rd at the UH Manoa Campus Center. They will feature a host of local guests, and are also currently in the process of seeking Justin Roiland (Rick and Morty, Adventure Time) and others from abroad.
If you could get anyone to come to AO Fest (or any anime convention), who would YOU want to see? We’ve got a fun little poll up that you can participate in– list anyone you want, and you might get your wish granted!